NLGJA endevors to provide assistance in the form of free full or partial convention registration at early bird rates to as many members possible. Unfortunately, we often cannot provide assistance to all who request help.
NLGJA members interested in getting assistance must apply by providing all of the following information in an email to email@example.com by July 4, 12am EDT, 2014.
- First and Last name
- Date joined NLGJA
- Phone number
- Email address
- If awarded assistance, do you commit to attend all portions of the 2014 NLGJA National Convention from 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23? Yes/No; if No, please explain.
- A statement of need of up to 300 words, including employment status, financial obligations and financial hardships
- An explanation, of up to 300 words, of how the applicant will apply convention training to personal journalism education, professional development, coverage of LGBT issues, field of journalism and/or community involvement
- If you received previous Convention Assistance, what was the last year and amount
- If you have donated more than five hours of volunteer time to NLGJA between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014, please outline what you contributed and where
- Affirmation, with signature, that the information in the application is accurate and an agreement to abide by conditions of assistance
Available assistance will be awarded by the NLGJA convention committee to recipients who will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Complete information, as outlined above, submitted by the deadline
- Status as a current NLGJA member or Convention Speaker at time of application and length of past membership
- Commitment to attend all portions of the 2014 NLGJA National Convention & LGBT Media Summit from 9 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23
- Depth of need as elaborated in statement of need
- Previous convention assistance received and dates
- Strength of explanation of how convention training will be applied to personal journalism education, professional development, coverage of LGBT issues, field of journalism and/or community involvement
- Impact of confirmed volunteer service of more than five hours
- Affirmation that the information submitted is accurate and agreement to abide by conditions of assistance
Recipients will be notified by the NLGJA National Office by July 11, 2014.