Nominations Deadline: July 22, 2016
Nominations are now being accepted for four at-large Board of Director positions and two Executive Committee positions:
- Vice President of Print and Online
- Directors at Large (4)
Executive Committee members may serve two consecutive terms in each office, and at-large National Board Members may serve three consecutive terms. All National Board of Director terms are for two years.
All nominees must be members in good standing for at least one year by the time of the election. Those seeking an Executive Committee seat must also have served as an at-large Board of Directors member or Chapter President for at least one year as of the election. Eligible members may nominate themselves.
No more than two Board Members may be elected from any one chapter.
All candidates must fill out their own nomination form. Nominations must be submitted to NLGJA Elections Chair David Steinberg at email@example.com by July 22, 2016.
In the event of a contested election, online voting for NLGJA’s National Board of Directors will be made available to members in good standing until 5:00pm, Monday, August 8, 2016. According to NLGJA bylaws, board elections are advisory but, to date, the board has never failed to follow the election results.
Election results will be ratified by the Board of Directors at the 2016 National Convention & LGBT Media Summit, to be held September 8-11, 2016, in Miami. Nominees are encouraged to attend.
Please Note – All Board Members are required to:
- Attend and participate in board meetings: Board Members must attend at least one of the two in person meetings (mid-year, convention) and at least one of the twice-annual board calls.
- Maintain current membership in the organization.
- Participate actively in committee/task force work.
- Raise or give at least $1,500 for the organization each year.
- Board members will need to be available to staff.
- Be active in their local chapter.