Benefits for Student Members
- A network at your fingertips. Think you're done building your network? Unless the President's personal number is in your rolodex – you aren't done yet.
- Access to NLGJA's Members-Only Web site, which allows members to update their member profile, receive the latest NLGJA news and stay connected with upcoming events.
- Affiliation with a proven and internationally recognized professional organization that represents your interest within the mediawhether you're a student, educator, seasoned journalist, new to the field or a PR professional ready to make new contacts.
- Access to NLGJA's Peer-to-Peer Program, which matches members with those who can assist them in their industry. This provides a learning, one-on-one environment for members who wish to grow in their fields, or in something new.
- Members receive a 20% discount on Poynter Institute in-person and online trainings. The Poynter Institute is a school dedicated to teaching and inspiring journalists and media leaders. It promotes excellence and integrity in the practice of craft and in the practical leadership of successful businesses.
- Access to NLGJA's online job board updated weekly, allowing you to browse job openings in television, radio, online and print.
- Access to NLGJA's Resume Critique Service - where you can have your resume reviewed and receive useful recommendations to help you put your best foot forward.
- Discounted registration to tour LGBT Media Summit, August 22, 2013 and National Convention August 22 – 25, offering training sessions, network opportunities, fantastic receptions, a reunion of friends and a chance to expand your circle - all in a city with more options for fun than you'll be able to experience.
- Discount rental car rates with AVIS.
- Discounted admission to NLGJA regional events, training sessions and webinars.
- Members save 20% when using OutNewsWire or TravelOutNewsWire. Authors who are members save 66% on book announcements when using either wire service.
Supporting Fair and Accurate Coverage
- Join the fight for fair and accurate coverage in the media! NLGJA represents the voice of the LGBT people, their organizations, their businesses and their families. Your membership shows your commitment to fair and accurate coverage and amplifies your
- Help the next generation of journalists. NLGJA is focused on our student members and preparing them for their future career by giving them the network and education opportunities they need to succeed.
- NLGJA's bi-monthly e-bulletin, NLGJA News, a professional development-focused digest of areer training, member news, student activity and organizational information
- An opportunity to seek recognition of your work with NLGJA's two awards programs: the annual Excellence in Journalism Awards and our NLGJA Hall of Fame.