National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association National Office Internship
The National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA) internship is an ideal opportunity for a student interested in non-profit management, news media and/or LGBT issues.
- Assist in the planning and promotion of NLGJA’s LGBT Media Summit & National Convention.
- Assist in the planning of NLGJA’s Excellence in Journalism Awards by processing entries and communicating with applicants and judges.
- Manage social media communication and interaction.
- Provide support to NLGJA staff on projects involving membership, chapter relations, development and programming.
- Respond daily to inquiries from members, leaders and the general public.
- Perform general office duties like photocopying, mass mailings and database administration.
- Live in the Nation’s Capital, a dynamic urban environment ideal for young professionals of all backgrounds.
- Work in a fast-paced office environment and build professional skills that strengthen any résumé.
- Gain hands-on experience in non-profit administration and organization culture. Meet some of journalism’s most respected movers and shakers. NLGJA’s 700 members hail from all sectors and market sizes of the media industry, and interns interact with them on a daily basis.
- Receive one year of free NLGJA membership and take advantage of the organization’s networking and professional development opportunities.
- Internship Schedule Internships are offered three times a year: January–April, May–August and September–December. A 10-week commitment is preferred. Interns work a 25-hour week. This internship is unpaid.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the phone number and names of three references (work and academic) to NLGJA Internship, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact Bach Polakowski at email@example.com or 202.588.9888.