Want to “Come Home” for the NLGJA National Convention & LGBT Media Summit but can’t make it work in your budget? NLGJA might be able to help!
NLGJA endeavors to provide assistance in the form of free full or partial convention registration at early bird rates to help members attend the National Convention & LGBT Media Summit.
NLGJA members interested in getting assistance must apply by providing all of the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2015:
- First and Last name
- The date you first joined NLGJA
- Contact phone number
- Best email address to reach you
- If awarded assistance, do you commit to attend all portions of the 2015 NLGJA National Convention from 9 am Thursday, September 3 to 12 pm Sunday, September 6? Yes/No; if No, please explain.
- A statement of need of up to 300 words, including employment status, financial obligations and financial hardships
- An explanation, of up to 300 words, of how the applicant will apply convention training to personal journalism education, professional development, coverage of LGBT issues, field of journalism and/or community involvement
- If you received previous Convention Assistance, what was the last year and amount
- If you have donated more than five hours of volunteer time to NLGJA between May 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015, please outline what you contributed and where
- Affirmation, with signature, that the information in the application is accurate and an agreement to abide by conditions of assistance
Available assistance will be awarded by an NLGJA committee to recipients who will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Complete information, as outlined above, submitted by the deadline
- Status as a current NLGJA member at time of application and length of past membership
- Depth of need as elaborated in statement of need
- Previous convention assistance received and dates
- Strength of explanation of how convention training will be applied to personal journalism education, professional development, coverage of LGBT issues, field of journalism and/or community involvement
- Impact of confirmed volunteer service of more than five hours
- Commitment to attend all portions of the 2015 NLGJA National Convention & LGBT Media Summit from 9 am Thursday, September 3 to 12 pm Sunday, September 6
Recipients will be notified by email from the NLGJA National Office by June 30, 2015.
Lend a Helping Hand
Interested in helping another member make it to convention this year? Make a donation to the Convention Assistance Fund.