Thank you for being a speaker at the 2020 Virtual Convention! We’re thrilled to offer more than 40 breakout and plenary sessions October 23-25. This page holds resources and information to help you participate in your scheduled session.
You should have received an email from the virtual convention platform, Pathable, with a link to access your attendee profile. If you don’t believe you have received the email, please first check your spam folder. If you can’t locate it in your spam folder, search for firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox. If you are unable to locate the email altogether, please email email@example.com and we will resend your login information.
Here are some steps to help you access your live session during the convention, as well as the training session:
1. Pathable is integrated with Zoom. Please have the most up-to-date version of Zoom downloaded on your computer.
2. Log into your Pathable profile to access the training and live sessions. Please log in to your live session 20 minutes before the session starts to troubleshoot any technical issues.
3. In the menu bar under Schedule, click My Agenda. The live session you are speaking on will be auto-loaded into your agenda. Click the title of the session, and it will take you to the session page.
4. In the upper right corner there will be a blue button prompting you to join the live session (there should be a countdown there now). Click the button and it will launch Zoom, which will take you into the breakout session.
Virtual Convention breakout sessions are 60 minutes.
Virtual Convention Speakers receive a complimentary convention registration.
Not a member of NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists?
Think about becoming one. Membership dues help offset some of the costs of convention, it helps strengthen the viability and visibility of NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists and shows your support of this great group of LGBTQ media professionals. Even if you do not identify – allies are always welcome!
Please Submit: Biographic Information and Headshots by October 1
All speakers must submit biographic information to Convention@nlgja.org. Please include:
- Bio (Up to 200 words)
- Headshot (Print Quality, minimum 2″ x “3, 300 dpi)
- Professional Title
- Affiliation / Website
- Twitter Handle or other Social Media Links
Some sessions at the the 2020 NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists Virtual Convention may be sponsored. If your panel is sponsored, the national office staff will be in contact with the panel moderator about any specifics.
Please note: Any and all panel, workshop and plenary sponsorships must be arranged in advance by the national office. A few words of recognition of an employer and/or project is permissible, but additional recognitions or lengthy remarks about a company or organization may interfere with existing sponsorship commitments and hamper the association’s fundraising efforts. For more information please contact Dillon Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.