In the beginning, I joined NLGJA because I thought it was important to show that I supported its central mission. I have remained a member because of all the wonderful people I have met — both incredible friends and professional connections.David Steinberg
I stay an NLGJA member not only because I support fair and accurate coverage, but I also enjoy the camaraderie among my fellow LGBT journalists and media professionals.Oriol Guttierez
- People who derive income from the gathering, editing or presentation of news or editorial content for print, broadcast or online. Includes the right to vote and to run for office.
- People who are former full or part-time journalists or who hold media related jobs such as public relations, public or corporate information, directors of media organizations or who worked as a journalist in the past or who are journalism educators. Includes the right to vote, but excludes the right to run for office.
LGBTQ Media Membership
- People who derive income from the gathering, editing or presentation of news or editorial content for broadcast, online or print in LGBTQ Media. Includes the right to vote and run for office.
Student & Early Career Membership
- People just entering the field: engaged/enrolled in high school or an educational institution of higher learning, or under the age of 25 planning to pursue a career in journalism. Includes the right to vote, but excludes the right to run for office.
- People who no longer work full-time but who when working qualified for Basic membership. Includes the right to vote, but excludes the right to run for office.
- People living outside of the US. Includes the right to vote, but excludes the right to run for office. Voting as subject to qualification as a Basic or Associate member.
- People who are supporters of NLGJA’s mission but are NOT former journalists; part-time journalists; holding media-related jobs; nor qualified to be a member in any other category. Ally members have access to member rates for conferences, summits, conventions and events, where a member rate is offered. Does not include the right to vote, nor run for office.