Act Against AIDS Casting Call
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recruiting people, and has a particular outreach for Native American gay, bi and trans men, to be a part of photography and video shoots for two of its Act Against AIDS campaigns: Let’s Stop HIV Together and Start Talking. Stop HIV. These new photos and videos will be posted on CDC websites, used in campaign ads, featured in social media, and shown at community events across the country.
The CDC encourages people of any HIV status to participate, as well as those who are interested in sharing their story in Spanish.
- For Let’s Stop HIV Together, the CDC are focused on addressing HIV stigma by telling stories of people living with HIV, as well as sharing the experiences of family members, friends, and other loved ones who are supporting those living with HIV. A variety of topics will be discussed in this production, including HIV stigma, social support, and viral suppression as it relates to relationships.
- For Start Talking. Stop HIV. The CDC is encouraging open conversation about HIV prevention among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with menby sharing stories from these communities. For this production, we will discuss topics such as PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis), HIV testing, condom use, HIV status disclosure as it relates to relationships, and being undetectable.
The CDC is looking for a diverse group of people who are:
- Over the age of 18
- Fluent in English and/or Spanish
- Of any HIV status (e.g., HIV-positive, HIV-negative, HIV-negative on PrEP, etc.)
- Single or in a relationship (with partner of the same or different HIV status)
- Of diverse sexual and gender identities
- Ethnicities – Native American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino, and Afro-Latino
- Comfortable having their name, image, and voice used in national educational videos about HIV/ AIDS awareness and stigma prevention
- Comfortable sharing their personal stories related other risk behaviors such as substance use.
- Available to participate in a video shoot for 1-2 days – May 4, 5, 6 – in Los Angeles
All volunteer participants will be given a $200 honorarium for their participation. In addition, the CDC will reimburse for applicable transportation and per diem costs, as well as any other travel or accommodation expenses, as needed.
Interested? Click here to complete a quick recruitment questionnaire. It only takes about 10 minutes.
Trouble with the link? Copy and paste this address into your browser: www.522productions.com/about-us/lsht-casting-submission-2018