For Immediate Release
March 9, 2021
Contact: Merryn Johns
(347) 563 7940
LGBTQ+-OWNED AEQUALITAS MEDIA LAUNCHES NEW BRAND OUTvoices
- ● Aequalitas Media rebrands legacy LGBTQ+ publications as OUTvoices
● The multiplatform entity includes print, digital, TV, radio, and more
● All assets owned by Aequalitas Media, which is NGLCC Certified
Chicago, Illinois — Following the 2020 acquisitions of legacy LGBTQ+ titles Echo Magazine Phoenix ( 31 years); Out & About Nashville Magazine (16 years); and CAMP Kansas City Magazine (17 years), Aequalitas Media has launched OUTvoices, a new national LGBTQ+ brand.
The OUTvoices brand will deliver diverse, fresh, and original LGBTQ+ print, digital, audio and video content. The publications will be rebranded under the OUTvoices umbrella. Effective April 2nd 2021, all titles currently owned and published by Aequalitas Media with the exception of Gaycation Magazine, will be renamed to reflect their inclusion in the OUTvoices network. Echo magazine will become OUTvoices Phoenix, OUT & ABOUT Nashville will become OUTvoices Nashville, and CAMP will become OUTvoices Kansas City.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled with the introduction of OUTvoices and the conversion of the titles we own underneath this new, truly inclusive brand — a one-stop opportunity for brands to easily and effectively advertise to this lucrative market,” said DJ Doran, CEO of Aequalitas Media.
LGBTQ+ veteran journalist and former Editor in Chief of Curve Magazine, Merryn Johns will join our editorial team to steer content under the new OUTvoices brand beginning April 2nd 2021.
“I am thrilled to bring my passion for serving LGBTQ+ readers to OUTvoices and to bring them the best quality content possible, nationwide,” said Johns.
Additionally, OUTvoices Chicago will go live in Q2 of 2021. The new LGBTQ+ news and lifestyle website will feature originally produced articles and stories from the LGBTQ+ community in Chicago as well as curated content from other members of the OUTvoices network. Visitors to the new OUTvoices.us website and many other LGBTQ+ websites will be able to listen to OUTvoices Radio, 24/7 LGBTQ+ talk radio.
OUTvoices Radio, scheduled to launch later in March 2021, will be the first internet-based streaming LGBTQ+ talk radio station offering listeners pre-recorded and live programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The lineup includes shows from LGBTQ+ thought leaders, entertainers, entrepreneurs, musicians, and more. The OUTvoices Radio widget will be offered to ALL LGBTQ+ websites at no cost. “It is part of our company philosophy of supporting other LGBTQ+ medias by sharing content for FREE,” said Doran.
It will be followed by OUTvoices TV in late Q2 of 2021 and will feature originally produced series such as The Gaycation Travel Show with host Ravi Roth. Season 1 will begin airing new episodes airing every Friday beginning May 14th. OUTvoicesTV is currently filming The Gay Gourmet, a cooking show with Oprah Winfrey’s former personal Chef Art Smith and Joe Eats World Chef Joe Morales as hosts.
OUTvoices TV will offer viewers access via our YouTube channel to high quality shows that reflect the depth and breadth of talent within the LGBTQ+ community in News, Opinion, Fashion, Travel, Food, and more.
The nationally focused website OUTvoices.us domain has been chosen as a reflection of us, the LGBTQ+ community. As a website, it will encourage small-to-medium LGBTQ+ sites to unite under the OUTvoices domain. This will allow smaller sites that may have been overlooked by major brands and agencies to combine their audiences and analytics to be more attractive to advertisers. The OUTvoices network will also allow other members to share and benefit from resources, content, and exposure in beneficial ways.
Other Aequalitas acquisitions and initiatives for 2021 include:
- LGBTQ+ Media Acquisitions, Aequalitas Media currently has three LGBTQ+ media assets in the pipeline which are scheduled to close sometime in 2021.
- The Gay Travel Business Network, a new business-to-business travel organization led by LGBTQ+ travel expert and Executive Director Ed Salvato and a board of travel luminaries helping tourism, hospitality and travel-related businesses and brands better connect with other like-minded businesses desiring to do business with each other.
- Aequalitas Content Creators Association, a 501c6 organization for LGBTQ+ content creators to gather at an annual conference in late August in Cedar Rapids IA to network with each other and listen to industry experts and exchange ideas and best practices toward increasing reach and revenue as the industry continues to evolve.
- NGLCC (National LGBT Chamber of Commerce) Certification, Aequalitas Media and all of the assets under its umbrella have been certified as LGBT business enterprises by the NGLCC.“The expanding portfolio of LGBTQ+ media assets and these new ventures strengthen Aequalitas Media and create additional value for our advertisers, clients and partners as well as contribute to the revitalization of LGBTQ+ media in 2021 and beyond,” said Doran.
ABOUT AEQUALITAS MEDIA
Aequalitas Media [pronounced e-QUAL-i-tas] is one of the fastest growing LGBTQ+ media companies in the U.S., from spanning print, digital publishing and media buying to managing a 24/7 LGBTQ+ talk radio station and a national network of LGBTQ+ websites. Aequalitas Media is well positioned for growth in 2021 and beyond. Our company’s Advisory Board is made up of some of the best and brightest in LGBTQ+ media and business giving us a distinctive edge over our competitors when it comes to delivering results and evolving opportunities to expand our reach.