We hope you’re ready for Boston: Uncommon, the NLGJA National Convention & 9th LGBT Media Summit. More than 350 journalists, news managers and communication professionals from across the United States will meet in Boston from August 22 to 25, 2013 for training, learning and networking with colleagues and friends.
Excited about our recent teases of the great programming planned for this year’s convention? But are you thinking, “Hmm, I’m not sure I can afford to go?” Well here’s a shot at a free trip to the National Convention or or to have some of the costs covered.
NLGJA is happy to announce The Road to Boston spring recruitment drive, with a Grand Prize of a hotel room, travel to and from Boston and registration for the NLGJA National Convention. This is your chance to come join us in Boston for FREE. Second Prize is a complimentary registration to the convention.
The spring NLGJA membership recruitment drive, The Road to Boston, kicks off today. This year’s contest is among NLGJA current members, past members and future members.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The contest launches May 23, 2013 at noon (EDST) and will end at midnight (EDST) on June 25, 2013.
- To enter the contest, either join or renew your membership with NLGJA between noon EDST, May 22, 2013, and midnight EDST, June 25, 2013.
- Those who renew their lapsed membership with NLGJA during the contest will count for one entry.
- All renewals and new member applications must be received electronically or by U.S. mail no later than midnight (EDST) on June 25, 2013. NLGJA is not responsible for entries not received, including those not received due to delayed mail delivery, difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- The contest is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the United States. Employees and board members of NLGJA and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to enter.
- All other travel arrangements are the responsibility of contest winners. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes are permitted. If the winner cannot travel to or attend the convention, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
The winner will be selected at random from the pool of entries, on June 25, 2013.
- Grand Prize: Complimentary transportation to and from Boston, a hotel room and convention registration for this year’s LGBT Media Summit & National Convention, August 22-25, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts (estimated value: $1,450).
- Second Prize: Complimentary registration to the convention (value: $250).
Tweet about your success in the membership drive using the hashtag #joinNLGJA and share why you are an NLGJA member.
For more information about the 2013 LGBT Media Summit & National Convention, visit the website: www.nlgja.org/2013.