Candidates Sought for Positions on NLGJA Board & Executive Committee
Nominations Deadline: July 26, 2013
Nominations are now being accepted for four national at-large Board of Director positions and three Executive Committee positions (Vice President for Broadcast, Treasurer and Secretary).
Executive Committee members may serve two consecutive terms in each office, and at-large National Board members may serve three consecutive terms. All terms are for two years.
All nominees must be members in good standing for at least one year at the time of the election. Those seeking an Executive Committee seat must also have served as an at-large NLGJA Board of Directors member or NLGJA Chapter President for at least one year as of the election. No more than two board members may be elected from any one chapter.
In the event of a contested election, online voting for NLGJA's National Board of Directors will be made available to current members until 5:00pm EDT, Friday, August 16, 2013. According to NLGJA bylaws, board elections are advisory but, to date, the board has never failed to follow the election results.
Election results will be ratified by the Board of Directors at the 2013 National Convention & 9th LGBT Media Summit, to be held August 22-25, 2013, in Boston.
All Board Members are required to:
- Attend and participate in board meetings: Board members must attend at least one of the two in- person meetings (mid-year, convention) and at least one of the twice-annual board calls
- Maintain current membership in the organization
- Participate actively in committee/task force work
- Raise or give at least $1,500 for the organization each year
- Be available to staff in a timely way to receive and provide information
- Be active in their local chapter