NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists is thrilled to announce that nominations for The Curve Award for Emerging Journalists, sponsored by The Curve Foundation, are now open. The deadline to submit a nomination is April 30.
The Curve Award for Emerging Journalists, sponsored by The Curve Foundation, will provide financial support to emerging journalists whose work fosters fair and accurate coverage, and elevates the voices of LGBTQ+ women. The award is open to lesbians, queer women, trans women and nonbinary people. The application is available here.
Applicants may nominate themselves or be nominated by another individual. To apply, applicants must complete the nomination form. Applicants should provide three work samples with their application. Applicants do not need to be a member of NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists to apply.
As part of the fellowship award, fellows will receive:
- A $5,000 cash award from The Curve Foundation
- One-year complimentary membership to NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Complimentary registration for the NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists Convention
- A stipend provided to cover the costs of attending the convention, including travel and lodging
- An opportunity to gather at the convention and meet the rest of the cohort
- A professional mentor selected by The Curve Foundation in conjunction with NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Quarterly scheduled meetings with fellowship mentors and the cohort of fellows for brainstorming, feedback sharing, and support
The award is one of the inaugural programs for the Curve Foundation.